Don’t let the title fool you. They’ll taste just as good as regular cookies. I promise. Half the time I don’t tell anyone it’s a vegan recipe and they all rave about the taste. That’s when I hit them with “HA- they’re vegan”
I love this recipe because it’s wicked simple and can be made into a pie or just make regular cookies with them. Whatever you’re in the mood for.
Sassington’s Vegan Cookie Pie
Yield: 1 Pie | Dozen cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
~ 1 Cup Softened Butter (2 sticks of Earth Balance)
~ 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
~ 1/2 Cup Sugar
~ 1/4 Cup Non-dairy (I used almond)
~ 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
~ 2 1/2 Cups Flour
~ 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
~ 2 tsp Baking Soda
~ 1/2 – 1 Cup of Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
1. Start by preheating the oven to 350ºF, oiling the baking sheet/pie dish (or line with parchment paper)
2. In a large bowl, combine the softened butter and both sugars with a hand mixer until light and fluffy
3. Add in your almond milk and vanilla extract and continue to mix well until fully combined
4. Add the flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix until flour is well combined and dough is formed
5. Add in desired amount of chocolate chips. Mix with spatula until well combined
6. Now, gently fold in your walnut pieces or other add-ins.
7. Add dough to pie dish and pat down until there are no air pockets and bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees
8. Roll dough into balls of your desired size and bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees
Gluten-Free: The all purpose-flour can be replaced with a 1:1 ratio of a gluten free flour blend, spelt flour or whole wheat flour.
Sugar-Free: Brown sugar can be replaced with any granulated vegan sugar. For a sugar-free option omit the sugar and use extra sweet/ripe bananas.
Stay Sassy gals!